Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Picture Day

Perfect
Wow! Picture day at school is very important to a first grader. Decisions, decisions have to be made. I received a letter from school that they would be taking Spring pictures today. My daughter asked me "mom can you fix my hair"? I responded sure would you like to fix it straight or curly? From past experience she was well aware that for her hair to be curly that requires either me to curl every inch with a curling iron or she must sleep in rollers which is very uncomfortable. She stated very quickly I think I would like to try straight this time. I go to get the straightening iron out of the bathroom and she says wait I want to fix it straight she must have thought no maintence just brush and go.  I said baby I am going to fix it straight this will help to keep the frizz down. While working on the hair its time to decide what to wear? Me as mom am thinking fancy dress for Easter pictures so I go get out these two dresses to choose from I will admit they were bridesmaid style. She says no mom I want to wear a Bright colored dress I am taking Spring pictures not going to a wedding or pageant. I was like WOW how old are you? I said I'm sorry will you show me the dress you would like to wear and it was pretty and bright just as requested. I guess I over thought that a little. She says mom can I have a little lip gloss or eye shadow for my pictures. What about a purse or sun glasses? I said well I can do the lip gloss and eye shadow but we are going to have to pass on the purse and the sun glasses these are school pictures. I don't think the school would like all the children bringing all these things from home to keep track of. She was okay with that and when we were finished. She said thanks mom I look very pretty. I totally agree. Left for school with a big smile and that was enough for me. Are picture days important to you or your kids? WHY?

No comments:

Post a Comment